Thursday, November 21, 2013

Web Tools

Web Tools are tools that are Web-based that can be utilized by students and teachers. These tools greatly effect learning because they promote the students creativity, collaboration, and communication. These tools are free and can be used at anytime and anywhere there is internet access. I used RubiStar to create a rubric. This website was easy to use and had built in grading scales, however you are able to create your own. The only downfall is that this website does not store the rubrics for a long time. I also used ABCTeach to create a worksheet on the planets for my students. This tool offered numerous activities. Discovery School's Puzzlemaker was a really neat tool that I used to create a crossword puzzle on the different planets. It made this process very easy and I was able to personalize it to fit my needs. Of all of the tools that I used I think that ClassMarker was my favorite. I was able to create and store quizzes. I could change the format from true/false to multiple choice. These quizzes could be given online or printed out and used in class. The only problem that I encountered in this assignment was printing my quiz. I did some research online and found out that I needed to use Firefox in order to print the quiz in the correct format. I plan on using these tools in my future classroom as a great resource for worksheets and also as a way to give online quizzes to my students. These tools can be tied to NETS - T: 2 Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experience and Assessments. By designing these relevant learning experiences that incorporates the digital tools, the students learning and creativity is greatly increased. Below are websites for the sites that I have discussed here.
Here are the links to my WebTools Assignments:
Rubric 
Test 

The following are the links to the website homepages:
RubiStar - http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php

ABCTeach - http://www.abcteach.com/

PuzzleMaker - http://www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker/?CFID=5100051&CFTOKEN=62810283

Class Marker - http://www.classmarker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment