Thursday, November 21, 2013

Google Groups

 

Google Groups is an online tool that allows you to share ideas, and experiences. This program can be used to as a dorm of communication between teachers and students. Google documents is a free online word processing program. You can use Google Groups as a way to share items that you have created in your Google documents with your peers. During our Google Group’s assignment, we created a story using Google Docs. We had four group members. Our group leader first created a word document. She wrote the introduction to our story which consisted of about 150 words. Next she "shared" this document to the other members of our group and the instructor using Google Groups. She changed the privacy setting so that all members of the group could edit the story. After she completed her part, then the next student was able to open and edit the same document. In the end of this, our group had created a 600+ word story. The only problem that I encountered was how easy it was for the other people in my group to “accidently” delete the work that I created. Luckily, I had saved my part into a word document because I would have had to start all over on it. I will incorporate Google Groups into my future classroom as a way for me to communicate with my students. Google presentation is a free online presentation software. I plan to use this in my future classroom for lecture notes and examples. This can be tied to NETS-T: 3 which is to model digital age work and learning. This is done by enabling teachers to collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members by using digitals and resources such as Google Groups in order to support student success and innovation.
Here is the link to my presentation and story:
Google Presentation
Story: Sheldon's First Day of Kindergarten
 

No comments:

Post a Comment