Thursday, November 21, 2013

Web site


Google Site Creator is a free online tool that allows anyone to create and publish a Web site. It is a very quick and easy program to use. This is great for people who do not have a lot of experience with technology. I created a website for my classroom. On my home page, I was able to add a description of everything that could be found on my site, along with a link for someone to email me. Next I created a course information page. This page included a supply list, a list of classroom rules, and even a class calendar. Adding the calendar was the most difficult part for me. I kept thinking that it was not working properly because the calendar was not showing up on my edit page. However, I eventually figured out that it was showing up on my actual site. This was a little frustrating but other than that the program was great. I also added a page to my site that included information about me such as my personal biography, a list of my hobbies, and even a few pictures of my family. The last page that I created had a list of online resources that could be used by parents and students. I really enjoyed making my website. I plan on creating one of this for my future classrooms, as a way for the parents of my students to know what is going on in our classroom at all times. I think this would be a great communication tool. This ties to NETS-T: 3 which is to model digital age work and learning. By creating the classroom website, I can collaborate with the students, peers, and parents in order to support student success and innovation.
Here is the link to my website:
Mrs. Cheatham's First Grade Class

No comments:

Post a Comment