Thursday, November 21, 2013

Final Course Reflection


I have really enjoyed learning about all of the free programs and tools that are available. I really loved using the Class Marker website which allowed me to create and even give tests online. Inspiration (although it is not free) is also another tool that I felt could be really beneficial in my future classroom. I learned how to create a blog and also a website this semester, which is something that I never thought that I would do. I felt like my strong points in this classroom was the actual ability to use all of the programs. I am a pretty quick learner and I love to use technology to make things easier in my life. I feel like this is a strong point for me because technology is everywhere and the use of it is increasing every day. It is something that needs to be embraced as a part of where we are as a society. It is very difficult for individuals who did not grow up using such technology and those who never learned to use it to do anything, even get a job in some instances. I felt that my weak points in all of these activities was deciding exactly what I wanted to say or do, especially on the online activities like this blog and even my website. It makes me really nervous to put personal information online, because it is so permanent. Even if I delete my blog or my web page that does not mean that it is actually cleared completely off of the Internet. I feel like this is a weak point because it takes me so much longer to use the programs that are supposed to make things easier for me. My future goals to improve my weak areas would be for me to feel more confident in what I have to say. I would also like to have more practice with the use of the security settings. I think that this would make me feel safer about putting my information on the web. I plan on integrating all of the things that I have learned into my future classroom. I would like to use the Web tools as a way to create tests, activities, and even rubrics for my students without all of the stress. I plan on using blogs, Google groups, and even my classroom website as a way to stay in contact and collaborate with my students, their parents, and even my peers. I plan on using Inspiration/Kidspiration, and Windows Movie Maker as a way to engage my students in the information being presented. I also plan on taking advantage of all of the assistive technology that is available as a way to make adaptations in my lesson for the students with disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment